The Swordsmith is where the player can power up and enlargen his or her swords. Naturally, the Swordsmith is one of the most important locations in the game, not only because the title of the game reflects what it does, but also because large and strong swords are crucial towards advancement and, most of the time, grinding. Ideally, the player will have a sword which reaches across the entire screen, so all enemies can be attacked simultaneously.
Raise Weapon LevelEdit
In order to enlarge your sword, you first need to level it up. Clicking the pale blue arrow at the top of the interface will pay the Swordsmith some gold to level up your weapon. The cost of leveling up the sword is
(current level) * 1000.
Leveling up makes the sword stronger (but only for that sword - equipping another one will have no effect) and gives the sword a bonus point, which can be used to make it larger.
The three buttons on the second row deal with the width of your weapon, that is, how far up and down it will reach when attacking. These buttons, from left to right, are:
- Decrease Width: This resets your weapon to its minimum width and refunds all bonus points you put into width.
- Increase Width: Spend one bonus point to increase width. The increase is roughly one pixel on each side.
- Maximum Width: Spends all bonus points on hand on width.
The three buttons on the third row deal with the length of your weapon, that is, how far left or right it will reach when attacking. In the early game, this is definitely the more important of the two, as getting some distance between you and your enemy will be crucial, especially once you encounter attacks more frequently. These buttons, from left to right, are:
- Decrease Length: This resets your weapon to its minimum length and refunds all bonus points you put into length.
- Increase Length: Spend one bonus point to increase length. The increase varies with the type of sword, but is at least a couple pixels per level.
- Maximum Length: Spends all bonus points on hand on length.
The two buttons on the bottom row are special actions you can take for your sword. These buttons, from left to right, are:
- Reset Size: This resets your weapon to its minimum length AND width, and refunds all bonus points.
- Balanced Size: This distributes all bonus points, both spent and unspent, so that an equal amount is in both length and width. If an extra point remains, it is put into width.
To level up a sword quickly, press the Tab key, and the Raise Weapon Level button will be highlighted. Holding down Enter will automatically press the button. If the highlight goes to another button, pressing Tab will eventually revolve around back to the Level button.